Patient Recruitment & Retention
AMAC supports our clinical teams in providing creative ways to recruit patients.
Recruitment is conducted through our EMR built-in screening system, which screens through our existing database of over 22,000 patients. We also work with third parties to recruit and provide out-of-practice patients from our diverse community, opted-in database, and other proven recruitment channels.
The Call Center is the first point of contact for the patient recruitment process. Our staff obtains health information via a phone screen. The data is then processed and filtered to assess which trial would be appropriate for the patient. Once a trial is identified, our staff can set the first appointment for screening.
Our recruitment strategies and resources include:
- Calling, texting, email campaigns
- Chart and medical records review
- Investigator’s internal patient database
- TV, radio, local newspapers
- Social media ads: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Referral networks, referral emails/letters to selected hospitals/general practice clinics
- Brochures, flyers, and posters inside multi-specialty practice
- Patient-to-patient referrals
- Our staff is engaging, knowledgeable, and welcoming
- Keep patients updated on their health, medical condition(s), and progress of study (consistent communication)
- Outpatient volunteers have staff personnel they can reach for questions or emergencies
- Results can be sent to PCP upon request
- Make patients feel appreciated: thank you cards/notes, follow-up for another study, birthday cards/emails, newsletters
- Visit reminders: phone call, text messages, and emails prior to next visit
- Identify patients who need transportation assistance to prevent cancellations
- Compliance reminders
- Educational support throughout study
- Ensure payments are processed timely
- 24-hour general inquiry response